Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer recap

Hey skeeters. This summer was filled with fulfillment's and commitment issues if you know what I mean.

Kicked the summer off with a bang. Went bowling with Austin and the gang for his birthday. We bowled great and enjoyed a plate of pizza and cold drinks for over 17 dollars. Ripped? After we argued with the AMF manager champion (huge thighs) about whether or not our practice games cost 30 euros we left a 14 pound ball violently displayed in the gutter of lane 24.
The San Diego trip ripped my shorts into shreds of beach burros. One event that came out of that was the Buddhist trying to sell me his meditation book with a smile. When I happily declined, he irrelevantly made the outrageous claim that we only use 10% of our minds while his eyebrows curled up into a disgruntled baby kitten. This of course triggered Nick to laugh right into his face causing me to feel like a jerk. I give this event a 9 out of 10 since we were on the beach being the biggest of all Kahunas. A few days after I returned from Sandy San Diego I hopped on a filthy bus and dangerously drove to Hume. When I realized Jeremy wouldn't move his Ki yak on account of the ladies I decided hes better off at wildwood.
Seeing austin for about 15 min every two weeks made me feel like a church elder. The Cd's played in the car, the jokes told, harry garduno, Jack in the what, but most of all we embraced the horrible service.

I think this last week of summer should be whatever it wants to be. Low key, or malnourished, either way I think Jeremy is a dirtbag.

In other news, I checked my phone after a long nap today and I have 33 missed calls from the Hubbells. Turns out I missed my cousins birthday. The voice mails went from, "Hey Jon! :P we're all meeting at fudruckers tonight hope you can make it! love you! :D :D"

to...."Jon...Its gramma. Stop avoiding your phone. Call me back. Bye." (Loud hangup)

I swear. Family gatherings are rough to miss. Especially when it looks like I miss them on purpose. All I did was fall asleep watching Family Matters in mute.

My beez,
-jon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you say 9 out of 10, do you mean mob scale?

Jon said...

More or less